1. God loves you. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. You must realize that you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
3. You must realize there is a penalty for your sin. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
4. You must know that God sent Jesus to die for your sin. Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
5. All you have to do is accept God's gift. Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confress with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."